Friday, March 20, 2015

Fairy Tale Lecture (Little Red Riding Hood)

She wrote an adapted story about the Little Red Riding hood, she changed some significant things, but I though she creatively incorporated her new ideas. It was a little more gruesome, and “adult” if you will, but it was interesting none the less. She wrote a lot in second person, which was interesting because it allowed you to see into the minds of the characters. She wrote in the mind of the wolf, which was interesting, considering most versions of this story I have heard are in Red’s perspective. It was interesting to hear his thoughts and his perspective, it gave new light on the character. Over all her characters were in more depth, and allowed for dynamic villains and inspiring heroines! Here descriptions were very detailed and didn't leave too much to the imagination, she basically spelled it out. However, I was impressed with her sentence structure. I felt like each sentence was delicately crafted and had some sort of hidden meaning. Her use of metaphors was good, and interesting. I felt like she used a lot of metaphors which created not only the imagery she was giving us, but the imagery of the thing she was comparing it to. While listening to her story, I didn’t feel like I was reading a book necessarily but I felt like I was being told a very visual story. Over all I thought she did a great job, and provided me with a new style of writing I have never experienced. I thought she was creative and innovative, as well as original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment