Friday, January 23, 2015

Style Academy Exercises

People who become highly creative and productive, learn to embrace, explore and even learn from their failures.

In the late 1990's, after not being able to see my feet, I made an appointment with a Paris eye doctor. After running some tests, he sent me to buy some glasses. I'd like to blame my choice of frames on the fact that I couldn't see them clearly, or maybe that they were forced upon me. However, neither excuse is true. The truth is, I chose them of my own free will. I thought they made me look smarter and international. The rectangle frames were made of dark plastic and the lenses were not much larger than my eyes. There was something vaguely familiar about them, but I couldn't put my finger on it. After picking them, I spent a great deal of time in front of the mirror. I pretended to share intelligent comments regarding the state of Euro.

No comments:

Post a Comment